- Whole Wheat Bread, 6 slices
- Cheddar Cheese, 6oz shredded (I used Cabot's 50% reduced fat)
- Low-Sodium Ham, 1 cup chopped (or use leftover Chicken or Turkey breast from dinner)
- Scallions, 1/4 cup chopped
- Bell Pepper, 1 cup chopped (or use your veggie of choice: broccoli, kale, etc)
- Low-fat Milk, 1 cup
- Eggs, 8 whole
- Mustard, 1 Tablespoon
- Worcestershire Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper, to taste
(Note: best if assembled night before cooking)
Lightly coat baking pan with olive oil or nonstick spray. Lay 3 slices of bread in a single layer on the bottom. Layer half the cheese, ham, scallions and peppers. Repeat layer of bread, cheese, ham and vegetables.
Beat together eggs, milk, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper and pour over the casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350F. Serve hot and enjoy!